Friday, October 26, 2012

Hannah MacLeod has been reunited with her Olympic bronze medal. It was posted anonymously to England Hockey. Her jacket is still missing and, although a man has been arrested, police still regard this as an ongoing enquiry.

In a statement issued by England Hockey on Hannah's behalf she said,

"I'm extremely pleased to have been reunited with my medal. It's a huge relief. I'm enormously grateful to the Metropolitan Police and in particular to DCI James Harman who has kept me informed of their investigation throughout.

"I am indebted to everyone who has tweeted about it, everyone who has got in touch and who has publicised the situation. I can't thank you enough. I think all of you played a part in encouraging whoever had my medal to return it.

"Given the huge impact the Olympic Games has had on London and the UK I always held hope that it would be returned but it's still incredible to know now I have my medal back. People understand how much these medals mean to the athletes and those in the communities who have played their part in supporting us.

"I'm conscious that the police investigation is still ongoing and that Alex Partridge's medal is yet to be returned and I urge whoever has it to return it too.

"Once again, I'd like thank everyone who has played a part."